Nothing much is going to change with the new administration – other than a backlash against conservatives and Christians.
The economy will still be bad, if not worse.
The soldiers in Iraq, the president-elect admits, will have to stay there awhile longer.
Conservatives will still fight abortion, alternative marriage, increased taxes, universal “Canadian style” health, increased entitlement programs, and attacks on the first and second amendments.
Conservatives will be the voices that will refuse to “unite” and make “One America” and accept all the policies that the new president wants to enact.
Conservatives, therefore, will be the “bad” people, and will become increasingly vilified in an Obama America. Wasn’t the treatment Governor Palin recieved evidence of that?
Some conservatives, who were conservatives in name only because it was convenient for the circle they were in, or because that was the way they were raised and hadn’t given it a lot of thought on their own, won’t be able to take the heat and will get out of the kitchen.
Those of us that feel conviction about our beliefs and really mean what we say, will stand ground. We won’t be able to “unify” with others that wish to see wrong policies put into place.
The real change that will happen must happen within Christians. They must become strong in their hearts and convictions. They need to wake up and take their stand. (Eph. 6:10-18)
– “Finally, my brethren be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
– Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
– For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
– Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
– Stand therefore, having gird your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
– above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
– And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; – praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints–”
Let us Pray:
My Lord Jesus and Heavenly Father – please give us the wisdom and strength to follow Your Ways and Your Word no matter what. Please help us to pursue Your purpose for our lives and bravely step forward and stand wherever you would have us. Please show us which hills we are to climb and which ones aren’t important. Help us to step forward, brave and strong, but at the same time, always with Your Love. Help us to know what to speak and when to speak and when anger is righteous and necessary – and when it is not. Please protect Your children and come against everything that is evil and not of You. Above all, change our hearts. Make us more like You. – In the Holy Name of Jesus, Thy Will be done. Amen.